For any relationship, trust is of the utmost importance. It is no different in the house sitter/homeowner bond that must be established. The trust goes both ways.
Here I list 7 ways for the house sitter to establish the bond and trust needed to land the house sit:
1. Have plenty of local references and phone numbers of satisfied house sit clients.
2. Be friendly and show enthusiasm for what you do.
3. Show love for their pets (this is the main reason for having you there).
4. Fully complete the home checklist and pet questionnaire.
5. Arrive at the home interview presentable, prepared, prompt, and professional.
6. Decide how you'll communicate to the homeowners while they're gone.
7. Provide your personal and emergency contact information.
Dive deeper into this topic via THE MERMAID'S GUIDE TO HOUSE SITTING.