Saturday, January 24, 2015

Into the Woods..

Off the grid, for a 3 week period during a housesit I love. Wow! I think I need to do this more often. This housesit takes place in a very sacred area of Kauai. Of course, all of Kauai is spiritual. It's just that one can feel that loveliness in one area more than others.

This house sits at the base of the Hoary Head mountain range. It is beautiful and powerful stuff. Since I was onlineless, I felt more stillness and could sit in meditation longer than usual. You could say, I felt in a meditative state most of the time. Even my pet pal, Tork the terrier mix, was there in the garden in a blissful manner. I called him my 'Garden Buddha'. The homeowners loved that!

As I go into the deep dark woods, I will call it, the story unfolds one night. A man's voice says 'Hello' to me. My eyes popped opened from my sleep. What did I just hear?? Feeling shocked and afraid, I assessed the situation. The man's voice was deep and clear as a bell. Sounding as if the man was in the room with me. Gulp:/ Intimate you could say. The voice also sounded like someone just outside my window.

I knew I had closed and locked all windows and doors earlier. Tork was resting peacefully on the floor next to my bed. If there was someone in my room, Tork would have let me know that. Since I know, dogs run on energy, I felt more at ease I relaxed knowing whatever was in my room, was a friendly presense. I still hadn't looked up from my frozen spot. Finally, not feeling threatened, I fell back asleep.

I decided to wait before asking the owners anything about any spirits lurking in the woods until after they returned from the Sacred Valley in Peru. As I explored the area, I discovered an old Japanese cemetary behind their home next to an orchard. Oh, well, it's starting to make sense. When I told the homeowners of my experience, they said yes, there are spirits in the area. The Hawaiians used to come down from the mountains and cross right through this area. There are other stories of the Night Marchers, which have to do with Hawaiian legend or not. The bedroom in particular, has stories attached to it as well.

Would I ever house sit there again? In a heartbeat, yes, I would. This is my third time house sitting there and all was well until now. I look forward to more experiences as this. Some folks tell me since I am more aware at this time in my life and I didn't have the internet to bog things up, I was open to receiving all experiences. The spirit felt safe to say hello. Kinda cool if you ask me.

What are your house sitting spooky stories?  Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment